Combining Gentle Reiki with Powerful Shamanic Drum Medicine
You love Reiki, You love drumming, so let’s combine the two, to get a wonderfully powerful sound healing practice, so when you drum it vibrates through the body changing frequencies and energies and creating strong, lasting healing change.
Drumming for healing and meditation is an ancient practice. In tribal cultures the power of sound over the body and spirit is well known, and now in the western world there is research supporting this – making the ancient wisdom more palatable to modern ideas.
Research suggests that brain activity can actually be affected by drumming, and there are studies showing how the sounds of a drum can help will illness and emotional trauma. Group drumming has been linked with improving the immune system, helping Alzheimer’s patients, cancer patients, Autism and learning difficulties patients, building self esteem, reducing stress and supporting recovering drug addicts and alcoholics. These studies are hinting at what has been known by shamanic practitioners and shamans in ancient times and that they still know today as they practice what is often know as medicine drumming.
In shamanic medicine drumming, the sound and energy of the drum can be used in many ways. Shamans in indigenous cultures all over the world – Celtic and British tribes, North African, Arabic peoples, Native Americans – have all used drumming for sacred occasions of all kinds, and for journeying from our world into non-reality.
This is what Ruth in Pembrokeshire had to say about her journey through Reiki Drum…
“I have had the great pleasure of taking my drum Reiki technique course with Alison.
When I first met her, many years ago, I found her friendly and happy . Plus I love her red setter, gawjus dog.
I spent the weekend doing the workshop with three other people, time was spend with each of us, patience explaining everything throughout the weekend.
I wish I lived closer to her to take part in her drum circles.
On the second workshop, Alison had moved to Glastonbury, so I met her at her home for my Reiki Drum Technique teacher course. Made very welcome, spent the day going through everything.
From the first meeting I have learnt a great deal from her, Alison is very knowledgeable and is very generous to help and share this knowledge. From all the help I have received, I am now running my own Workshops and drum circles.
I would highly recommend going to Alison for courses or treatment.”
When treating other people the drum is used freely and intuitively to send healing energy into areas of the clients body. This practice can be extremely intense, and while very powerful it does not have the innate protective and gentle energy that we are used to in Reiki.
Over the course of two days you will be working closely with your drum, learning healing techniques and powerful ways to use sound healing.
You will release blockages and you will experience a profound state of personal and spiritual development and go through some deep healing changes.
Over the two days…
- You will honour the seven directions and open sacred space in shamanic ceremony with the Reiki energies
- You will choose your drum, get to know its spirit and become attuned to it though a powerful connection ritual
- You will journey to find your inner voice and celebrate the power this brings to you
- You will experience and learn to give a Reiki Drum Healing
- You will experience and learn to give a Reiki Drum Mental & Emotional Reprogramming
- You will experience and learn to take others on a Reiki Drum Journey
- You will connect and journey to meet your Power Animal
- You will discover a love for drumming with the gentle Reiki energies
This Journey takes place in my sacred, healing space in the spiritual town of Glastonbury in beautiful Somerset.
What to find out more then give me a call on 07952 041477 or send me an email and we can chat about your needs
Continuing to Support You
There are many ways that I continue supporting you after you day of Reiki.
- I will be sending out distant Reiju empowerments each week, which you can recieve anytime on a Monday, just by relaxing and ‘tuning in’. This will give your Reiki practice a real boost and echoes the way that Reiki was taught by Mikao Usui, with empowerments week-in, week-out throughout your training.